Jen Kehl at My Skewed View and Kristi at Finding Ninee host Twisted MixTape Tuesday, a blog hop that’s all about music. The premise is to create a five song mix based on the week’s theme. (You can click on the button above if you’d like to play along). Here’s Jen’s instructions for today’s topic:
One of your friends is feeling down and needs to feel better. Make a mix to make him/her feel better. This can be songs you know your friend will love or songs meant to cheer someone up. You decide.
I’m probably not the person a friend will come to wanting “cheery” music to begin with. When I’m down, I listen to depressing music . I’m in that kind of mood now, making this tape even more extra-special difficult. I usually choose my music to suit my mood, not use music to try to change my mood.
That being said, I’m going to pretend I have a friend that needs upbeat, bouncy music. I going to call this my “So Peppy I Wanna Puke” mixtape. Throw the lyrics out the window, just ignore them, this is music that will get your head nodding and your toes tapping.
1. One Week – Barenaked Ladies. Um yeah, bouncy.
2. Two Princes – Spin Doctors.
3. I Want Candy – Good Charlotte. Originally, I’d planned to put the original Bow Wow Wow version, but I just had to work in a little rock edge somewhere.
4. Everybody Talks – Neon Trees. Something from this decade to help round out the list.
5. Walking on Sunshine – Katrina and the Waves. The ultimate in upbeat, happy happy joy joy songs. I think even I can’t be depressed while this song is playing.