Jen Kehl at My Skewed View and Kristi at Finding Ninee host Twisted MixTape Tuesday, a blog hop that’s all about music. The premise is to create a five song mix based on the week’s theme. (You can click on the button above if you’d like to play along). Here’s Jen’s instructions for today’s topic:
We’re back to your choice, play us what you want, we’ll listen!
So that means you’re at my mercy again for today’s mixtape theme, at least here on my blog anyway. Its the middle of winter and I’m stuck in a deep mire of the winter blues, as I’m calling it (though a professional psychological diagnosis would probably call it Seasonal Affective Disorder or Seasonal Pattern Depression, as its known now). I couldn’t even deal with last week’s “love” theme and this week, the best you’re going to get from me is iPod Roulette. That’s right, putting my main library on shuffle and the first five songs that play is what’s making my mixtape. Be afraid because even though I may one of the hop’s resident rock chicks, I have some very eclectic tastes.
1. Jambalaya – C.J. Chenier. Son of the infamous Zydeco accordionist, Clifton Chenier. I love cajun and zydeco music, probably since first watching Dennis Quaid in The Big Easy. “Look out for the gator, baby!”
2. Rev 22:20 – Puscifer. As I’ve had Tool in my mixtapes a few times before, of course I love Puscifer, one of MJK’s other projects.
3. Oh Darlin’ What Have I Done – White Buffalo. This one made my playlist after hearing it in last season’s Sons of Anarchy.
4. Ride It – Jay Sean. I’m playing by the rules I set myself and including this song since it came up, even though it kinda feels like I accidentally left the bedroom door open or something. Move along…nothing to see here.
5. Screwdriver – Jackyl. The fates (or maybe just the odds) were with me, allowing me to end my mixtape with a hard-drivin’ rock song.
Okay, so you all got lucky and this list wasn’t as strange as it could have been.