Jen Kehl at My Skewed View and Kristi at Finding Ninee host Twisted MixTape Tuesday, a blog hop that’s all about music. The premise is to create a five song mix based on the week’s theme. (You can click on the button above if you’d like to play along). Here’s Jen’s instructions for today’s topic:
As everyone is looking forward to a New Year and talking about resolutions, this week’s them will be Past Mistakes (not necessarily love related;-))
While Jen says our Past Mistakes don’t necessarily have to be love-related, it seems most of mine are. I try to live without regrets and often say that without my past, I wouldn’t have arrived at this particular present. But in actuality, on those restless, sleepless nights, my past plays like a silent movie through my brain and the weight of some of the choices I’ve made makes it hard to breathe at times. Letting go of the past is a lot easier said than done.
1. He Wasn’t Man Enough – Toni Braxton. There’s the mistake of being the “other woman”, however unintentionally. I feel this one needs a bit of explanation. I was dating a guy (after specifically asking if he was single) and after a few weeks, found out he was engaged. I immediately kicked him out of my house, into a rainstorm and him without a car no less. He apparently had to call his fiancee to come pick him up, who then came beating down my door for being a “skank trying to steal her man”. She finally got the picture after explaining I was lied to and that’s why he was dumped out into the rain as soon as he confessed.
2. Soulmate – Natasha Bedingfield. The mistake of missing out on a good man that was right in front of me.
3. Caroline Says II – Lou Reed. Then there is the mistake of the man who should have been avoided.
4. One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer – George Thorogood. Mistakes of excessive alcohol use causing me to lose my job, my car and my home.
5. Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing – Chris Isaak. Then there are some mistakes that will hopefully remain secret, never to see the light of day again, especially on this blog.