Jen Kehl at My Skewed View and Kristi at Finding Ninee host Twisted MixTape Tuesday, a blog hop that’s all about music. The premise is to create a five song mix based on the week’s theme. (You can click on the button above if you’d like to play along). Here’s Jen’s instructions for today’s topic:
Songs that are scary. FOR ANY REASON. Halloween is a few days away. Are they scary because of the words, what the band looks like, because it’s just so darn bad??
I had a bit of difficulty with this week’s theme because I was trying to think of scary lyrics and it just wasn’t working. Nothing was coming to mind (of course, I’ll think of at least 100 as soon as I click “Publish”). So I crumbled and took the easy way out by using the songs I knew that had disturbing, scary, gruesome or just plain creepy as hell videos.
**NSFW!! These may not be the songs that you want your co-workers, toddlers or puppies to hear.
1. There There – Radiohead. This one is creepy in a fairy tale sort of way. Masterfully done, but still spooky.
2. Black Hole Sun – Soundgarden. Smiling people are disturbing enough, but when they start morphing…heebie jeebies!
3. Prison Sex – Tool. Several Tool videos could have been used on this list, but I limited it to one.
4. Beautiful People – Marilyn Manson. Manson presence alone qualifies for this list, but all the medical aspects of the video make it really scary.
5. Closer – Nine Inch Nails. There’s so much in this video that counts as disturbing, but number one for me…bugs. Thank you, no. Next please.
6. Bohemian Rhapsody – Puscifer. Really, what could be scarier than MJK and Dina Martina? Strangely, video aside, I love this version.