Jen Kehl at My Skewed View and Kristi at Finding Ninee host Twisted MixTape Tuesday, a blog hop that’s all about music. The premise is to create a five song mix based on the week’s theme. (You can click on the button above if you’d like to play along).
Here’s Jen’s instructions for today’s topic: If you were going to make a mix for a friend of songs of music that says either You Suck or I Suck.
Over my lifetime, there’s been many a time that I’ve sucked and I usually knew what I was doing was wrong at the time. I tried not to suck. I really did. Sometimes though, it just couldn’t be avoided. But I’ve lived with my past, come to terms with it and prefer not to dwell on it. So I’m going with You Suck songs this week. But what about when someone just sucks so bad that you can’t just turn your back and let it go?
Since becoming a mom 11 years ago, I’ve mellowed out a bit and I’ve adopted more of a “Living well is the best revenge” attitude. I just sit back and let karma do my dirty work. But in my past, if I was done wrong, me saying “You Suck!” would be the very least of your worries. My motto was Don’t Get Mad, Get Even. So, I’m going to focus on “yeah, you suck and here’s what I’m gonna do about it”.
1. If Looks Could Kill – Heart. My first experience with this song was actually the original disco-pop version by Pamela Stanley, but the rockin’ Heart cover really fits the payback mode better. I’ve been told I have one of those “looks” that when translated, means “You better run.”
2. Bust Your Windows – Jazmine Sullivan. Now, I’ve never actually taken a baseball bat or crowbar to someone’s vehicle, but damn, that’d be some sweet revenge.
3. Bitch With A Bad Attitude – Saffire the Uppity Blues Women. I just love these ladies. “You sewed a lot of bitch seeds, now its harvest time.”
4. She Took It Like a Man – Confederate Railroad. I’m not an overly enthusiastic country music fan, but I was once played this song and told it could have been written about me. And I had to agree.
5. Cell Block Tango – Chicago. Then there are times when nothing short of homicide will do. But it was justifiable…really. He had it coming.