Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
1) This song is about a heartbreaker who just can’t commit. Have you ever fallen for an “easy lover?” I’ve fallen for one and I may have been one myself a time or two.
2) This song is one of Crazy Sam’s “earwigs.” Each time she hears it, it bores in and stays in her head forever! (Hear it here, if you dare!) Do you have a song like that? Several, right now, I’m stuck on Little Willie John’s I’m Shakin‘ and Wayne Toups’ version of Tupelo Honey.
3) Both Phil Collins and Philip Bailey* have stars on The Hollywood Walk of Fame. Have you ever visited Hollywood? No, the closest I got to visiting the west coast was a four-hour layover in LAX on the way overseas.
4) Hollywood is the movie capital of the world. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater? I took my son to see the most recent Ice Age (3 or 4, I don’t remember) at the end of last summer, I think it was.
5) Phil Collins was a child actor in his native England, appearing onstage in musicals like Oliver! Can you think of another child performer who went on to entertainment industry success as an adult? Ron Howard, little Opie done good.
6) Philip Bailey joined Earth, Wind & Fire while still in college, so he’s been a performer throughout his working life, as well. Have you ever been tempted to try your hand at show biz? Never, I don’t have those kinds of talents.
7) Is there a profession that you never, under any circumstances, want to try? Spider wrangling? Port-a-potty cleaner? and yeah, the entertainment industry.
8) What are you looking forward to right now? Just for this day to be over (as I’m writing this in between batches of the six DOZEN biscuits I’m baking for an all-day “event” my husband hosts at our house every year.)
9) Do you suffer from trypanophobia (fear of needles/injections)? Or can you bravely donate blood or get a shot, without freaking out? No, needles don’t bother me at all, though several thousand of them flying at me might invoke a bit of a reaction.
*Well, Earth Wind & Fire has a star.