Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
This is for all the country music fans out there
1) The singer tries to warn her friend against a neighborhood Lothario. Do you advise your friends when it comes to love? Or do you stay out of it? I don’t normally interfere unless asked. If I come across information that would cast their paramour in a bad light, I’ll mention it only one time. What they choose to do with that information from that point on is beyond my business.
2) This song is about the hot guy “leaning up against the record machine.” Does your favorite restaurant or bar still have a juke box? All my favorite bars have jukeboxes. I prefer small pool halls to glitzy nightclubs.
3) Carrie is an American Idol winner. Have you ever gone online or picked up the phone and voted for a contestant on Dancing with the Stars, American Idol or any similar show? No. Never have, never will.
4) Carrie graduated magna cum laude and majored in journalism, yet instead of being a reporter, she’s a country music superstar. How similar are your life/career today to the way you envisioned them when you were 21? I did pretty much what I wanted to do with my career before retiring to have a family. I didn’t want to split my attention between the two.
5) Carrie also competed in beauty pageants and was a runner up for Miss NSU (Northeastern State University). If you were a contestant in a pageant, what would you do for the talent competition? Snark, sarcasm and witty reparte? Beer guzzling? Playing Name That Tune?
6) This December, Carrie is scheduled to star in a televised remake of The Sound of Music. Do you have any year-end plans? I can barely keep up with plans for the current day, much less four months in advance. Its kinda become tradition that we just stay at home, with maybe another couple invited over. I cook an Appetizer Extravaganza (about 10 different appetizers and sauces) and we nibble all night while playing video games or watching movies.
7) She is married to NHL player Mike Fisher, center for the Nashville Predators. What’s your favorite professional sports team? I practically live in my Nashville Predators ball cap (while I’m growing my hair back long again). But, I live in a sports No-Man’s Land. No major professional teams. We have our college football though (Go Vols!)
8) Hockey is a tough game! Do you currently have an owie or an ouchie or a boo-boo that requires a bandaid? No bandaids, just covered neck-to-knees in hives…still.
9) Summer brings a lot of power outages and brown outs. Do you have a flashlight? If so, have you checked the batteries? Yes, several throughout the house since we have a local transformer that blows frequently. They get used often enough that I don’t have to check them regularly.