Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Click on the Saturday 9 picture above or the link below to play along with us.
Thanks to Cat for recommending Katy Perry
1) As she sings about her night in Las Vegas, Katy wonders if she “got hitched last night dressed up like Elvis.” Tell us about the last wedding you attended. A very good friend that I worked with was marrying an abusive douchebag that gave her a black eye two days before the wedding. Because she and her young son already lived with him, she felt obligated to go ahead with the wedding. It was probably the saddest wedding I ever attended.
2) Whenever Crazy Sam visits Las Vegas, she stays at the Paris Hotel and Casino. Have you ever been to Las Vegas, Nevada? What about Paris, France? I’ve not been to either Paris, though I think I’d prefer the Vegas version.
3) Do you enjoy gambling? Have you had any success at it? The only time I’ve gambled (other than penny poker at home) was during a day trip to Macau and once at the casino at Cherokee, NC (prior to the Harrah’s being built). Both times, I limited myself to the slot machines and both times I won a $300.00 jackpot and immediately quit.
4) Las Vegas is served by the RTC Bus Service and the Vegas Monorail System connects many of casinos on The Strip. When was the last time you rode a bus or a train? We went to Disney World a few years ago and rode monorails, trains and buses in all one trip.
5) It’s not unusual for the mercury to hit 100º in Vegas in August. Which are you more comfortable in — extreme heat or bone-chilling cold? I prefer the cold because I can always add layers until I get warm. There’s only so much clothing you can take off to try to cool down before you run out.
6) As a little girl, Katy Perry sang nothing but gospel. Do you remember any church songs from your childhood? Yes, we attended church regularly until I entered high school. My grandmother was also in the choir as long as I can remember and spent much of her time singing hymns around the house.
7) She made her film debut as the voice of Smurfette in The Smurfs (2011). Who is your all-time favorite cartoon character? Definitely a classic…most likely the Roadrunner. It was just awesome the way he always avoided the Coyote’s nefarious traps and usually turned them back on him.
8) Do you consider yourself a picky eater? Yes, not only because I’m picky, but GI issues make eating certain foods inadvisable.
9) You receive an invitation to a party that starts at 7:00 PM. When will you arrive? With the manners I was brought up with and the locale I live, being fashionably late is not chic, its incredibly rude. 7:15 would be the latest I would arrive without a phone call to advise the host/ess of my tardiness.