Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Thanks to Cie for recommending the Monkees.
1) This song is about a guy who fell in love when he saw her face. Do you believe in love at first sight? Lust at first sight, definitely. Love, no. I believe it takes time and effort to develop the deeper feelings and really “knowing” someone enough to call it love.
2) “I’m a Believer” is the best-selling Monkees song. Can you name another one? Last Train to Clarksville.
3) On their TV show, the boys competed for the same girl. Have you and a friend ever been romantic rivals? I wouldn’t consider us rivals because of my own personal ethics or “girl code”. I never pursued a guy once a friend expressed an interest in them.
4) In another episode, the Monkees visited the circus. If you were confident there was a good strong net beneath you, would you walk across the high wire? No, I’m afraid of falling and my balance sucks.
5) The Monkees show originally aired on Monday nights. Do you have a favorite day of the week? Not really. Since becoming a stay-home mom/wife, one day pretty much just runs into another, especially during summer when there’s no weekly structure due to school.
6) Davy Jones guest starred on an episode of The Brady Bunch. The plot revolved around Marcia’s efforts to get him to perform at the prom. Share one of your memories from a school dance. Other than “learning” to dance in gym class, I didn’t attend any official dances until I got to college. The most memorable was a Sock Hop…it was fun to dress for and I enjoyed the early rock music. (We did have some high school graduation events at Disney World and Busch Gardens that had bands, but I don’t really consider those “dances”.)
7) At the height of their popularity, the Monkees’ faces and logo appeared on a lot of merchandise, including lunch boxes. Which would you rather have for lunch — chicken salad, tuna salad or egg salad? If I’m at home and I know its fresh from the refrigerator and not heading down the spoilage spectrum, then egg salad.
8) You have an afternoon all to yourself. Would you rather spend it at the mall, checking out what’s new in the stores and people watching, or walking through the forest, observing the birds and trees and leaves? Neither, I hate malls and the outdoors equally, but if I HAVE to pick one, the mall because I’m likely to come home with something nice instead of bug bites.
9) Do you have a good memory for names? Not for meeting people and then later being able to put their names to their faces. I do with names of places or music. I suppose that kinda shows the amount of importance I place on those things in my life.