Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
1) The lyrics refer to a baby’s “one year of crying.” When was the last time you cried … felt weepy … or at least teared up? I’m going through some hormonal issues right now so…every day. And its because of the stupidest crap, like watching the puppy and the cat play together on the porch (or see my answer to question #4). Its driving me bat shit crazy.
2) Let’s lighten it up a little. When was the last time you laughed really hard? Night before last while watching Big Bang Theory. It never fails to crack me up even if I’ve seen the episode a dozen times. The one I was watching was about teaching Sheldon to drive in the simulator where he ended up crashing into the pet store at the mall…I even died laughing just thinking about it to type it.
3) Do you have “so much to say” that hasn’t been said yet? Tell us if you owe someone a phone call, note, email or text. Definitely, I usually end up talking to the backs of my husband and son as they’re walking away while I’m still talking. I owe my cousin an email. I’ve gotten busy buying, washing, and packing stuff for vacation and keep forgetting to respond.
4) Earlier this summer, Dave took a bike ride before a show and his tire blew out. He didn’t have a cell phone with him and was afraid of missing that night’s performance. Fortunately two fans — driving to see Dave Matthews Band in concert — recognized him by the side of the road and gave him a ride to the show. Share a recent act of kindness you either did, or received. I was at the auto parts store, buying stuff for an oil change, replacement throttle position sensor, and some small engine maintenance items. After checking out, I had my arms and hands full juggling the case of oil, bottles of injector cleaner and belt dressing, and the various parts boxes, my purse and keys. A guy got out of line (and there was quite a line), raced around me to the front of the store and opened the door and held it for me as I exited. Then he grabbed all the stuff I was balancing on top of the cardboard box and helped me carry it to my car. I thanked him and commented that his above and beyond politeness seemed rare these days. He replied that if it was his wife or daughter, he would hope someone would help them (yet another thing I started getting teary about).
5) Before he hit it big, Dave Matthews was a bartender. What job did you have right before the one you have now? I owned a consulting/management company for start-up businesses.
6) The Dave Matthews Band recorded an album live at the Red Rocks Amphitheater, in the mountains near Denver. Is there a trip to the mountains in your future? Not exactly TO the mountains, but tomorrow I’ll be driving THROUGH the Smokey Mountains on vacation. I usually don’t go that route, but it should be scenic and I won’t have to deal with the anxiety of driving through Atlanta.
7) Do you suffer from hay fever or allergies? Yes, every spring and early summer, I have an issue with pollen and only try to go outdoors when necessary.
8) What’s in your pocket right now? No pockets.
9) American Express promotes “Small Business Saturday,” and encourages us to shop at local, independent retailers. Is there a shop, boutique or restaurant in your town that you’re particularly fond of? Yes, there are two small bakeries that have decadent gourmet cupcake specials every day.