Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
Thanks to Kwizgiver for recommending The Beach Boys.
1) The best-selling Beach Boys album of all time is this two disc greatest hits compilation. Do you have favorite Beach Boys song? Not really. When I’m in the mood for this type of music they all sound good.
2) The original members of the group were the Wilson brothers, their cousin Mike and a friend from the neighborhood. Have you ever worked with a family member? No, which is a good thing. I set very high standards for myself in the workplace and if I worked with a family member that didn’t do the same, it would affect my opinion and thus my relationship with them.
3) Originally released in the mid-1970s, Endless Summer was one of the first fast-selling albums sold on TV. Have you ever picked up the phone and purchased anything directly from TV? Yes. I bought one of the Time CD sets of 50’s and 60’s music for my mother last year.
4) The Beach Boys are very popular in Australia. Have you ever been Down Under? No, I’ve wanted to though. When I moved back to the States from Asia I originally planned a few days layover in Australia, but had to change plans at the last minute and ended up spending the time in Hawaii.
5) Actor John Stamos played bongos on the Beach Boys’ hit, “Kokomo.” In his younger days, Stamos was Blackie on the daytime drama, General Hospital. Have you ever followed a soap opera? It was actually because of “Blackie” that I started watching General Hospital when I was in high school. My best friend watched and told me about the “cute guy”. I developed a big crush on John Stamos at that point. I still think he’s incredibly handsome and I watch him now on Necessary Roughness.
6) Many Beach Boys songs revolve around the surf. How are you on a surf board? I’ve never tried it, but probably not very good since my balance is barely good enough to walk without running into walls.
7) Would you prefer summer to be endless? Or do you enjoy the changing seasons? No, summer is probably my least favorite due to heat, bugs and school summer vacation. My favorite is fall, but I could be happy eliminating summer all together and just having fall, winter and spring.
8) Do your summer 2013 plans include a trip to a waterpark? No. My summer plans include hibernating in my A/C cooled house with minimal trips to the outdoors, other than the mandatory birthday journey to see my mom in a week.
9) Describe your swimsuit. Invisible. I don’t own one anymore.