Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme! Thanks to Carielle for recommending this great song.
Thanks to our Saturday 9 host, Crazy Sam!
1) When she first burst onto the scene, Pink was a self-proclaimed tomboy. Now she’s glam. Literally. She was on the cover of the June issue of Glamour and is a spokeswoman for Covergirl cosmetics. Does a celebrity endorsement increase your interest in a product? Absolutely not. In fact, I think to myself, “the nerve of these celebrities hogging all the prime jobs and taking modeling gigs from those poor models who have no talents (like acting or singing) other than being able to look pretty**”. And then I promptly forget whatever product was being hawked anyway.
2) This song is about a woman who feels her lover slipping away. Do you believe a couple can repair a relationship once it starts to sour? Ideally, I would like to think they can. But in reality, I think people are basically lazy and don’t want to have to “put in work” on a relationship. Me, cynical? Maybe.
3) As a little girl, Pink wanted to be an Olympic gymnast. If you could excel (or, if you do excel) at any sport, which one? Any sport that doesn’t require 20 hours of training a day, let’s you sit down and relax for the bulk of it, and allows you to drink beer during the performance of it. Got it…bowling. Nailed it.
4) Pink is married to motorcycle pro Carey Hart. Have you ever ridden really fast on a motorcycle? Once or twice. Exhilarating, in more ways than one.
5) When she found out she was pregnant, Pink says she gave up whiskey and cigarettes … but admits she misses the whiskey. Do you have a habit you know you should break? I’ve already broken most of the bad ones I had (drinking, smoking, partying 6 nights a week). My only real vice left is caffeine and I’ve got that under control now as well, but I’ll never completely banish it.
6) In 2010, she fell out of the aerial harness that was supposed to carry her across the stage. Are you afraid of heights? Yes, terrified. But its not a fear of heights, its a fear of falling, relating back to a fall headfirst from a second-story to a cement floor when I was three. Even less than a foot off the ground, I get shaky and panicked if I don’t have a railing or harness.
7) Pink enjoys showing off her tattoos. Do you have any body art? Yes, one tattoo currently, commemorating the birth of my son. I have plans for another as a reward when I reach a certain goal.
8) Pink can be very salty in her language. When was the last time you cursed? If I’m not cursing, I’m probably not talking.
9) On her website, Pink sells 10 different t-shirts. Do you have a favorite t-shirt? What does it look like/say? My current favorite is a black “Van Gogh” Exploding Tardis T-shirt. Yeah, I’m a geek. I’ve got a coffee cup with River Song’s Melody Malone on it that I’d love to find as a T-shirt.
**Yes, that was sarcasm. I really don’t give a flip about who’s selling what product.