Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
1) The lyrics include the line, “Love can never be exactly what we what it to be.” Are you happy with your love life? My love life isn’t the showstopping beaded gown on the runway, its the faded, broken-in pair of pajamas that I rush home to change into because they’re comfy and perfect.
2) Another lyric is, “Each night before you go to bed, whisper a little prayer for me.” Do you say your prayers? Not in the traditional sense. Throughout the day I have what I call “heartfelt thoughts”; wishes for people or situations I see in the news or that I know.
3) Mama Michelle and Papa John were married in real life. It didn’t end well — not for the couple and not for the band. Do you believe you could work successfully with a romantic partner? Absolutely not. I’m too strong-willed and headstrong when it comes to business matters and I couldn’t be romantic partners with anyone I had to deal with that way in a work environment.
4) After the band broke up, Michelle tried her hand at acting and eventually became a regular on the nighttime soap, Knott’s Landing. Of course, she could live off of her music royalties while she learned her new craft. If money was no object, what career would like to try? I’d love to own a small neighborhood bar.
5) There is a famous rumor — completely false — that Mama Cass died while eating a ham sandwich. Can you think of another urban legend? Too many to list, but my favorite is the one that warns that daddy long legs spiders’ venom is the most poisonous in the world, but they can’t bite because their fangs are too short.
6) In the 1960s, every high school girl wanted to wear her hair like Michelle and Cass — long and straight. Can you recall a fashion trend from your school days? Prairie skirts, parachute pants, and Member’s Only jackets. All better left in the past.
7) With the Fourth of July falling on Thursday, are you able to enjoy a looooong four-day holiday weekend? Yes, I’m a stay-at-home mom and the husband had the whole week off, so he had a 9-day weekend. I’m just hanging on by my fingertips til he goes back to work and I get my routine back.
8) Many communities have parades to celebrate Independence Day. Have you ever ridden on a float or marched in a parade? Yes, when I was a kid. It drizzled rain the whole time, so I was wet and miserable. I’ve refused to ever do it again.
9) In honor of the Fourth of July, name your favorite Founding Father. I’ll have to go with Benjamin Franklin since he’s the only one I can think of off the top of my head that I know did other things outside of politics.