Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we’ve committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do “random questions,” so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don’t have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today’s meme!
1) When was the last time that you got dressed up, or to borrow from Mr. Timberlake, “fixed up to the nines?” Really dressed up? It was my husband’s work Christmas party in 2002 (three months after I gave birth to our son. I still looked all bloated and puffy). Obviously, I don’t dress up much.
2) Justin Timberlake is known for his threads. Do you try to keep up with fashion trends? Mentally I do, but I don’t usually wear them myself. Standard daily wardrobe is cotton T-shirt and yoga pants/capris in summer. In winter, swap out yoga pants for sweat pants and add an oversized flannel or denim button down to the ensemble. That’s just around the house. Swap to jeans if I make a public appearance.
3) While on tour, Justin has a cigar roller on call so that he and the band can enjoy a “gentleman’s club” atmosphere back stage. Do you enjoy the smell of a good cigar? Its not my favorite aroma, especially the kind that smell like a flaming bag of dog crap. But I don’t mind it and the ones with the faint hint of vanilla are nice.
4) Justin appeared on Star Search when still in grade school, and he’s been working ever since. When Crazy Sam was that age, her only “job” was to load the dishwasher and for this she earned her $1/day allowance. Did you work when you were a kid? I got an allowance for washing dishes, mowing the lawn, and cleaning the bathroom each week and I supplemented that with babysitting a few times a month.
5) JT has appeared several times on Saturday Night Live, a show that premiered before he was born. Who is your most favorite ever SNL castmember of all time? The early ones were definitely the best but my favorite was probably Eddie Murphy.
6) Justin is a very good golfer (6 handicap). Will you play this summer? No, I haven’t golfed since I was in junior high school and I wasn’t even very good then, even through we lived in a golf course subdivision and I took lessons.
7) A round of golf requires hours outside in the elements. Have you ever endured a painful sunburn? Yes, on my right forearm, the kind that eventually cracked through several layers of skin (not just peeled, CRACKED). I looked like I had a horrible skin disease for several weeks.
8) When they were young, Justin dated Britney Spears. Obviously, it’s been easy for him to keep up with her successes and problems over the years. Do you wonder how one of your exes is doing? I do, but not enough to look for them online to see how they are.
9) Ever since his days with N’Sync, Justin Timberlake has supported music education. Did your grade school offer music classes? If so, do you remember any of the songs you learned then? Yes, even though I can’t sing, I was forced to: The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin’ Groovy-Simon & Garfunkel), Food, Glorious Food (from the musical, Oliver), Jingle Bell Rock (kill me now), I think I’ve blocked most of the rest of them out from the trauma.